The Group develops high-performance, innovative solutions for private individuals, cities and businesses, whereby it uses its expertise in four key sectors: natural gas and renewable energy, renewable electrical energy, energy-efficiency and digital technologies.
In order to take the lead in Belgium in relation to the energy transition and, in turn, facilitate a zero-carbon economy, ENGIE has all energy activities in-house: production, optimisation of consumption, research, innovation, maintenance, engineering, construction and project implementation.
ENGIE can rely on 6 subsidiaries in Belgium:
- Electrabel unites all electricity production and marketing activities for electricity and gas in Belgium. Electrabel is also active in ENGIE’s financial participations on an international level.
- ENGIE Solutions brings together the activities of the legal entities Fabricom, Cofely and Axima and is a leader in multitechnical installations and services. ENGIE Solutions supports cities, industries and companies in their transformation towards a zero carbon world. With turnkey and tailor-made solutions, ENGIE Solutions offers its clients a global service that goes beyond energy.
- Tractebel ENGIE is the engineering office which specialises in energy and infrastructures
- ENGIE Laborelec is the energy research centre for ENGIE in Belgium
- Synatom is responsible for managing fissile materials and nuclear facilities
- N-Allo is the call-centre for ENGIE in Belgium
They all form part of the ENGIE Group.
Every ENGIE subsidiary in Belgium has its own Board of Directors and engages with unions. The biggest is Electrabel NV. The Board of Directors comprises members from the Group, as well as external members.
6 Business Units near to customers
On an operational level, ENGIE is subdivided into Business Units (BUs) There are 25 BUs on Group level, 6 of which are active in Belgium:
- The BU Benelux focuses on renewable energy on land, customer solutions, energy-efficiency and energy supplies in the Benelux. The CEO is Philippe Van Troeye, who is also CEO of Electrabel NV.
- The BU Generation Europe unites European thermal production activities. It manages our production power stations, gas-fired power stations, biomass power stations and the hydroelectric power stations at Coo, and takes care of their maintenance. This BU is managed by CEO Cedric Osterrieth.
- The BU Nuclear focuses on the operational management of 7 Belgian nuclear power plants. Thierry Saegeman is CEO of this BU.
- The BU Global Energy Management provides worldwide solutions for energy management to its customers and manages portfolios of electricity, gas, environmental products and shares. This BU is managed by Edouard Neviasky.
- The BU Tractebel ENGIE provides engineering advice and offers multidisciplinary solutions in relation to energy, water and infrastructure. This BU is managed by Olivier Biancarelli.
- The BU General Global Support is the BU with responsibility for ENGIE’s auxiliary functions. It comprises 7 Operational Support Business Units: Purchasing, Finance, Consulting, Human Resources, Real Estate and Logistics, Information Systems and Legal. Nadine Jaudet is head of this BU.
In Belgium, ENGIE has 17,000 employees and over 220 researchers all working on tackling the challenges of zero-carbon transition.
Health, Safety and Well-being at work
Health, Safety and Well-being at work are fundamental values to Electrabel. Since 1995, successive Global Health and Safety Plans provided a structure to the approach to Health, Safety and Well-being at work.
The company will rely on its Global Health and Safety Plan 2020-2025 to achieve its goal “zero accident”. The plan dovetails with a general approach focused on dynamic risk management and is the result of discussions with various stakeholders. It embodies the company’s strategy for Well-being at work for the next five years.